So you’ve got goals? That’s great. But as you probably know, nothing that’s worth having ever comes easy. And while you’re working towards your dreams, both personal and professional, you’re bound to face some trials and tribulations along the way. This is to be expected and can’t really be avoided.
When tough times inevitably arise, one thing I find comforting is keeping a playlist of inspirational music to listen to. When I say inspirational, I don’t mean it to have any religious connotation (unless that’s what you prefer). Rather, a set of encouraging songs with lyrics or uplifting melodies that inspire to you press onward and renew your energy and hope.
In times of turbulence, listening to my “dreams playlist” helps me keep a positive attitude and reminds me of why I’m doing this in the first place.
The Songs on the Playlist
It’s likely that many of these songs you’ve already heard. Some are more obscure and you may not have. I chose these particular songs because their lyrics are specifically about staying strong, following your heart, and
not giving up when in pursuit of your dreams. These songs would not fit well together in any other context. They encompass a large variety of artists and genres. Some people might say that the subject matter for some of these songs is juvenile, because they derive from family films. But if you take the time to listen to the lyrics, you’ll find that thematically they are quite mature, and certainly applicable to the playlist. I invite you to take a listen, and see if these magic tunes work for you. If you’re interested in hearing songs off the playlist, you can access it for free on YouTube (links included below). So without further ado I present to you, in no particular order, my playlist of inspirational songs to keep you going when in pursuit of your dreams.
- Follow That Dream – Elvis Presley
- If We Hold On Together - Diana Ross
- Make It Happen – Mariah Carey
- Lose Yourself – Eminem
- Hold On – Wilson Phillip
- Wrap Your Trouble In Dreams – Bing Crosby
- You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
- You Gotta Be – Des’ree
- I Want It All – Queen
- Winner – Jamie Foxx
- Try It Again – The Hives
- The Time Of My Life – David Cook
- One Moment In Time – Whitney Houston
- I Won’t Back Down – Tom Petty
- Learning To Fly – Tom Petty
- Live Like We’re Dying – Kris Allen
- I’m On My Way – The Proclaimers
- You Can’t Take No For An Answer – Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem (From “The Muppets Take Manhattan”)
- My Best Days Are Ahead Of Me – Danny Gokey
- Fly Like An Eagle – Steve Miller Band
- You Get What You Give – New Radicals
- Break My Stride – Matthew Wilder
- Never Surrender – Corey Hart
- Lost? – Coldplay
- You Will Make It – Jem
- Things Can Only Get Better – Howard Jones
- Better Days – Goo Goo Dolls
- You’re Only Human (Second Wind) – Billy Joel
- Go The Distance – Alan Menken – Disney’s Hercules Soundtrack
- Almost There – Anika Noni Rose – Disney’s The Princess and the Frog Soundtrack
So there you have it, my “Dream Playlist” in its entirety. What do you think? What kind of music do you listen to for inspiration or motivation? Do you have any suggestions for my list? If so, please comment below; I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Check out my work
Artyst Tyrant Blog is powered by Artyst Tyrant.com, the online portfolio of Art Director, designer, and marketer, Victor Beazzo.
No related posts.